The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) are proud to announce their collaboration to provide scholarships to future health leaders in Africa. The LSHTM-GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders in Africa (2023-2024) will provide financial support to African students who are looking to pursue a degree at LSHTM, with the aim of addressing the health and well-being of the African population.
This partnership between GSK and LSHTM is part of the GSK’s commitment to supporting health and well-being of people in low and middle-income countries. Through this scholarship program, GSK and LSHTM are looking to identify and nurture the next generation of health leaders in Africa.
The scholarship program will provide funding to eligible African students who are looking to pursue a degree at LSHTM. The scholarship will cover tuition and fees, living expenses and health insurance, and is open to both Masters and Doctoral degree programs.
The program is open to African students who are passionate about addressing the health and well-being of the African population. The scholarship requires applicants to demonstrate their commitment to a career in public health, which could include involvement in public health research and/or practice.
The selection criteria for the scholarship program will be based on academic excellence, potential to make a difference, and a commitment to a career in public health. Applicants must also be citizens of an African country.
If you are interested in this scholarship opportunity, please visit the LSHTM website for more information.
We are excited to be partnering with GSK to support the next generation of African health leaders. We look forward to receiving your applications and to welcoming you to LSHTM in the future.
LSHTM GSK Scholarships Details
Organisation London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
Country to study United Kingdom
School to study London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
Check other scholarships
- Climate Change & Planetary Health
- Clinical Trials by Distance Learning
- Control of Infectious Diseases
- Demography & Health
- Epidemiology by Distance Learning
- Global Health Policy by Distance Learning
- Global Mental Health
- Health Data Science
- Health Policy, Planning & Financing
- Health in Humanitarian Crises by Distance Learning
- Immunology of Infectious Diseases
- Infectious Diseases by Distance Learning
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Parasitology
- Medical Statistics
- Nutrition for Global Health
- One Health: Ecosystems, Humans and Animals
- Public Health
- Public Health by Distance Learning
- Public Health for Eye Care
- Reproductive & Sexual Health Research
- Sexual & Reproductive Health Policy and Programming (online)
- Tropical Medicine & International Health
- Veterinary Epidemiology
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
– Be a national of an African country
– Hold a first degree with at least a second class (upper division) honours or equivalent
– Have at least two years of post-graduate work experience in a health-related field in an African country
– Be committed to returning to an African country to work on health challenges faced by the continent
– Be aged 30 years or below at the time of application
– Meet the English Language requirements for the MPH programme
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) on scholarship.lshtm.ac.uk to apply
There are two steps to the application process. By Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 23:59 (GMT), applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and complete both steps outlined below in order to be considered for funding.
Step 1: Follow the instructions on the “How to Apply” tab of the relevant program of study page to submit an application for a London-based MSc program in 2023-2024.
Step 2: Submit an application for scholarships online by choosing the “2023-24 GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders” option from the drop-down menu. As part of this application, a completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded. In Step 2, this is the only attachment that is required (since applicants should already have submitted references; transcripts; a CV together with their application for study)
Application Deadline: March 1, 2023